How peer support works:
For all DoD Active Duty, National Guard and Reserve members and their families, we offer peer-to-peer support services. Specifically:
- Emotional support for those overseas, or for those who need support in dealing with stressors related to deployments or combat.
- Problem solving strategies for every day stressors such as career, relationships, and financial problems.
- Resources and referrals for a wide array of issues such as medical needs, Victim Advocate support, higher education, transition/retirement plans, and Family Advocacy assistance.
- Works with callers in crisis to stabilize the situation, and then make the most appropriate referral for suitable treatment.
- Service members who have contacted the DoD BeThere Peer Support Call and Outreach Center will receive follow up communications from peer counselors to ensure appropriate services were provided.